Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Four-day

Yes, that's right, today was the first day of a four-day weekend for me. This meant that, instead of my usual morning routine, I started my morning with a nice walk and some hydro-therapy.

Most people would probably say that I went out and put fertilizer down on our yard, and then came in and did dishes. But, since this is a vacation day, the other way sounds so much better. Doesn't it?

** Friday Food sidenote ** No. I didn't forget that it was Friday Food-day! Christopher and I checked out Vinaigrette just south of 50th Street on Xerxes Avenue this evening. We'd been told about it by some friends, and finally made it there. Vinaigrette has a whole bunch of olive oils and vinegars to sample and buy - a WHOLE bunch. They have amazing infused oils and vinegars - including fruit and herb infusions. We brought two small bottles of vinegar home with us, and I'm sure we'll be going back for more. ** End Friday Food sidenote **

But, anyway, back to the rest of my vacation day story modifications.

So... Anyway... After the nice walk and the hydro-therapy, I then spent the whole afternoon reading an interesting and unique book about the state of the country and the economy. And, yes, that's the vacation version of the story.

I actually spent 3 or 4 hours this afternoon (it depends whether you factor in email breaks) editing about 40 pages of a convoluted, narcissistic politically charged rant. It's a fun one. If it were on paper, I'd probably have emptied an entire red pen in the first 704 pages. It's not only got massive leaps of logic and topics, but it has interesting spelling, like a reference to "Okolona City" (it's in that state between "Techzis" and "Knasas," I believe). And I still have 210 pages to go...

Happily, as I was wrapping up the day (I decided to end the day around 5:30, since that way I was wrapping up about the same time as I would on a regular day), I was reminded of the Muppets Studio channel on YouTube. So, in honor of that, I offer you the Muppet version of "Stars and Stripes Forever." (Sorry. Still haven't learned how to embed a video in here, so you 'll have to click through that to get it on YouTube.)

Happy Fourth of July weekend!

No comments: