Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Movie Wednesday - The Adjustment Bureau

Yep. My days are completely out o' the whack this week. Which seems kind of appropriate considering this week's movie.

You see, I'm kind of getting back into my Netflix account, and I got "The Adjustment Bureau" this week. And, since Christopher was busy last night doing his civic duty working all day for a special election in the district where he does that kind of thing, I decided to go ahead and watch it.

I figured out why it didn't do well in the theaters. It's a romance, but it's also kind of paranormal - in an angel/higher power way, and also a little bit of a chase movie. Not exactly something easy to pin down. But it was marketed like a big budget film, instead of a one-of-a-kind indie flick. And, yeah, that definitely didn't help.

So... the plot... It's Matt Damon as this politician who accidentally meets a dancer (Emily Blunt), and it kind of throws him off track for the "grand design." Which means that the Adjustment Bureau folks have to work to get him back on track.

It's a cool premise, really. And you like the two main characters SO much within moments of meeting them that you really want the end of the movie to come out right. And you hope that all the way to the end of the movie when... (nope. I'm not telling.)

OH. And it has some really cool shots of New York City in it, too.

Is it a great movie? No. Does it try to do too many things? Yes. Was it totally worth spending 2 hours of my Tuesday night on? Totally.

Overall grade: We'll say B. No adjustment necessary.

No comments: