Thursday, October 30, 2014

Driven to Distraction in the End

It's been a while since I posted a bad quote from work. I'd love to say that it's because everything I've been working on has just been too good. But, frequently, the reason has been because the things that are funny to me just won't stand on their own.

Basically, it is the equivalent of what I like to call a "location joke" - a joke where it only works if you were where it happened. The kind of thing that, in the retelling, someone will probably say "I guess you had to be there."

But, finally this week, I came across one that made me laugh out loud. I hope my laughter wasn't entirely location-bound.

I’ve been craning my neck for years, and only occasionally have stone walls made contact with my rear end.

Yeah... Something about that, where we have someone craning her neck and having her rear end attacked by a stone wall (in my mind, it's actually a large brick column which is part of a wrought-iron fence)... it makes me laugh a bit.

No comments: