Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Food - A Little of This...

I'm not really a comfort food eater. I'm not someone who, when stressed out, pigs out on a specific kind of food.

Granted, if a package of Oreos is opened in front of me, and I've got a glass of milk, I'm not averse to going through most of the package. If there are some good potato chips and a Coke, they might be gone. A box of Mary See's Bordeaux (milk or dark) and another glass of milk? No problem.

But that's not connected to stress or emotion. It's just food.

Which is not to say that food isn't tied to emotion for me, it's just that it's the other way around. I don't eat because of the emotions, I get the emotions because of the food.

It's an odd equation, I know. We'll look into it more on some future Friday. Assuming I remember it.

No comments: