Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Things I Never Imagined I'd Say #478

Some of you have already heard about this, and I apologize for the duplication. But this is just one of those things that happened at work that I really can't imagine ever happening again in my life. So I have to share it here.

After some discussion with my officemate, in the middle of the day, yesterday, I actually turned to her and said "It's okay. The author will never know you deleted her invisible squirrels."

And then I laughed really loudly, because I realized what I had just said.

You see, usually, at my job, the weird stuff comes to us from the people we work with. It's rare that the bizarro comments actually come from us in the office.

So, yesterday, when turning on Track Changes in a Microsoft Word document resulted in a whole bunch of images of very cute pen-and-watercolor squirrels showing up in the margin... and when we found that deleting them - even with Track Changes on - did not result in the deletions being tracked... and when I said that... well... it caught me off guard.

And I've been laughing about it ever since.

Here's hoping that you never have to deal with any invisible marginal squirrels of your own.

No comments: