Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Short Workweek Wednesday

(For the record, it took me two tries to spell the day. It's been that kind of day/week.)

There is something very strange - not bad, just strange - about only working the three middle days of the average workweek.

Having had Monday off for Memorial Day, and having this coming Friday off for my birthday (one of the strange perks of my company), that left me with only three work-days this week.

On the one hand, this is great. Two back-to-back long weekends and all.

On the other hand, it does kind of make it a challenge to get any work done. Especially on a week where I've got a huge project due that isn't part of my regular workload.

But I finished today feeling about on target for the week, so I figure I'm going to just go with that feeling, and treat tomorrow as a Friday.

I guess, then, that I'll have two Saturdays, since Sunday always includes that "I go back to work tomorrow" feeling.

I can deal with that.

No comments: