Friday, September 29, 2017

A Cinematic Cinnamon Summary

So, who made Snickerdoodles last week? My batch went with us to a brunch on Sunday - I like to think of it as a nod to cinnamon rolls without the mess (and without taking up as much space on the brunch buffet, frankly).

I truly do have a very cool recipe I want to share with you that is a take on those Snickerdoodles, but before we get into that I wanted to talk about the most important thing in the recipe: the cinnamon.

It's probably best if I give up trying to type about this and just talk:



As promised above, here's the picture from the local food Co-op (Lakewinds Co-op in Richfield, MN):

Want a day filled with fall bliss? Come visit the co-op with me and we'll stand around sniffing the cinnamon-y goodness. (Do I know how to party, or what?)

And, happily, that also answers my question from the video! The four types of cinnamon (not including the blend) available at Penzey's (www.penzeys.com) are: Indonesian, Ceylon, Chinese, and Vietnamese.

If you have the chance to smell (and taste - and work with) the various varieties, you'll see why I think this is such an important choice to make.

See you next week, with a recipe I can't wait to try - and to share!

-----
Have a recipe you want someone else to try before you do? Or something you've tried and you're wondering why it turned out the way it did? Maybe you're on a quest for the perfect Thanksgiving side dish, or a good gluten-free dessert. Let me know and I might address it in a future blog post! (It could even result in a plate of cookies showing up in your mailbox...) 

No comments: