Friday, March 2, 2018

Limited Edition Chocolate Hazelnut Oreos

This is going to be a really quick post. Not even any video.

Why?

Because these cookies were too much of a let-down for me to even waste your time on a video.

I loved the idea. I love Nutella. (And, really, if a company is marketing something as "chocolate hazelnut" - with a jar of spread on the label - we all know what they're aiming for, right?)

I also love Oreos. Regular. Double Stuf. Triple Stuf, even. I'm fine with the "Golden" ones - though I think the classic flavor can't be beaten.

I've enjoyed a lot of the random flavors they've tried. Birthday cake? Sure. Caramel Apple? Really oddly enjoyable with the blend of flavors.

I first posted about them back in 2009: Got Milk?

(Holy crap - that's almost 10 years ago!)

And less than a year ago I trusted them enough to try the Peeps version: Peeps Oreos Because (You Knew This) I Had To. (That was the bright-pink-tongue post.)

I've celebrated their 100th birthday on this blog - and cheered their support for gay pride.

But this round… yeah… I'm not even going to show a video of me dunking one in milk. (Which you know is bad considering how much I like to dunk things.)

What I will say is that they tasted kind of metallic. Dunking them in milk didn't help this. It kind of made it worse - though I don't know how.

I really wanted to like them. Instead, I ended up throwing out more than 2/3 of the (albeit small) package. That may have been the first time in my life that I threw out a partial package of cookies.

Seriously. I'm usually a "I think I'll have one of those cookies - or, since I have milk, maybe the whole package" guy. (You've seen me - you know what I'm like.)

So what is there to do after the Chocolate Hazelnut Oreo flop?

Thankfully, I saw that Spring Oreos are back in the stores. I may have to pick up some of those to get the other (literally) bad taste out of my mouth.

-----
I just checked, and my first blog post went up on 8/25/08 - just about 9 years and 6 months ago. I've been blogging for almost 10 years! 

Is there some food you'd like me to blog about - either making it or tasting it? Or something editing-related? Maybe travel-related? (I've covered a lot of topics in 10 years.) Let me know!


No comments: