Thursday, January 29, 2015

Inexplicably Tired

I hate the times when, for no apparent reason, you just get tired.

You'll have an entire open afternoon ahead of you so you'll sit down with a book and - boom - you're too tired to read, even though you really want to.

Or you'll finally have a quiet evening and decide to sit down and watch TV when - whoomp - like a pillow up-side the head, you're walloped with a case of the yawns.

Christopher and I were out for dinner tonight with some friends. It was a very nice dinner, with good conversation and good food, and on the way home I figured it had to be at least 9 or 9:30. It was just barely 8:30. And I was yawning so hard that I couldn't stop.

I mentioned it to Christopher and he asked whether or not I've been sleeping well. I think I have, but I must admit that I have woken up thinking "Did I sleep wrong last night?" a couple of times, lately.

But that doesn't explain the amount of tired that hit me tonight.

I think I'm going to blame the change in the weather. We've had really oddly warm temps for the past week or so, and when we were leaving dinner tonight it was decidedly not warm. (Warmer than average, yes. As warm as any evening in the past week, no.) I figure the need for sleep is my body's way of saying it's time to get back into hibernation mode.

And who am I to fight nature when giving in means a nice warm bed and the potential for a good night's sleep?

No comments: