Saturday, January 17, 2015

January Thaw

In Minneapolis, we are currently experiencing a bliss-inducing January thaw. Yesterday and today it has been above 32 degrees, and it looks like it might continue for the next few days before going back down to the normal highs in the low 20s.

Granted, you don't get freezer burn on your fingers when it's in the 20s above zero. You get them when it's 20 below zero. So what we were dealing with a week or so ago was not normal. Or, rather, it was kind of normal, but not average. or something.

Of course, with the warmer weather system we're getting clouds - not sun. And my sinuses are acting up because of the change in the weather. And you can't help but track sludge every time you go inside anywhere.

But it's a thaw. I got to wear my third-warmest jacket when I ran errands this morning. I've taken the dog out for walks without putting her coat on. Our sidewalks are mostly clear, again.

Yeah... Weather in Minnesota is weird.

No comments: