Friday, February 6, 2015

Supply and Demand and Roses

Yep. It's that time of year when the price of flowers goes through the roof. I get it - mostly. I know that the demand for fresh flowers goes up exponentially around Valentine's Day (and Mother's Day).

But as someone who buys flowers throughout the year, it's just frustrating. I mean... it's like going out and buying eggs for $2.00 per dozen for 50 weeks of the year, then having them jump to $12.00 for two weeks, just because everyone likes to dye them at Easter.

So I have done what any savvy shopper would do: On my way home from work tonight I bought flowers. If all goes well, they'll still be looking great in a week, and we'll have flowers in the house on Valentine's Day.

And I can spend the extra ten dollars on something more important. Like chocolate.

1 comment:

Robin said...

flowers AND chocolate…good plan