Monday, July 27, 2015

Stumbling Upon Movie Monday

My book club meeting just ended and - since it was here at home - I cleaned up and then turned on the TV. Tons of channels. Nothing on. As usual.

But then I saw "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was on. Sure, it started about 19 minutes earlier. Yes, I have seen it a bunch of times and have favorite lines. Yep, we own a copy of it and can watch it whenever we want - without missing the first 19 minutes. No, I'm not sure I'll watch it all the way through.

And that all makes me ridiculously happy.

One of the best kinds of serendipity, to me, is stumbling across a movie I love on TV. There is something so fun in the surprise and unexpected joy that comes with turning on the TV and being greeted by characters you love and a story you already know. It's like finding a warm, fuzzy blanket on a cold night. Or an ice cream cone in one of those cake cones that you always used to get at your grandmother's house.

It's familiar. It's friendly. It's the perfect way to round out a Movie Monday.

No comments: