Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Baking Season

It seems that every time I've gone to the grocery store over the past week or two, I've been stocking up on baking supplies.

I had a coupon for sugar - and it was on sale - so I bought both white and brown sugars. (No sugar substitutes for me, thanks.)

I bought flour a couple of weeks ago, and when I looked in the pantry a couple of days ago - having used almost none in the meantime - one of my first thoughts was "I should buy more flour."

I used the end of a gift card to buy vanilla.

I even found a coupon for a no-knead bread mix and decided to pick it up, just so that I could have the smell of baking bread in the house.

Yep. It's definitely the start of the baking season. And it makes me very happy.

Now I just have to figure out what to make.

No comments: