Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Heat Wave!

It's amazing the difference a few weeks can make. A month or so ago, a high of about 35 degrees would have sent everyone to parkas, hats, gloves, and scarves. 

But, after a couple of weeks of highs in the single digits, and a whole lot of below-zero windchills, today's foray into the mid-30s was great. 

The pup actually seemed to enjoy her walk this morning. 

My hands didn't turn white in the chill as I dealt with baggies. 

I was able to fill my car without shivering. 

Heck. I even took my car through the car wash, and the roads were dry enough that when I parked in the parking lot it still looked dark blue, instead of salt-grey. 

Yes, I know that it is going back to frigid starting tomorrow. We're going back to cloudy with possible snow and temps that look more like January than December. 

But today... today was nice. 

No comments: