Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Calendaric Irony

Christopher and I share an online calendar to keep track of what we're doing in our lives. Typically, there's a lot of slightly work-related events. And a dinner or two.

Honestly, we don't feel like an overly social couple. We're almost always at home in the evening - and in bed asleep by around 10. We watch too much TV. We like hanging out with the dog.

Yet... In the past couple of weeks, we've scheduled two events in August (6 or 7 weeks from now), because we simply couldn't coordinate our schedules with the people we're meeting up with. I said to someone today "We should do dinner" and then realized that I have no idea when I can do that.

I usually can't think of anything I'm doing in the next week, yet suddenly I know what I'm doing nearly two months from now.

I have no idea what is going on. I mean... when I look at the calendar I have a very good idea of what is going on, I just don't know where it all came from.

Calendaric irony. It's weird.

No comments: