Sunday, March 17, 2013

Can You Spare 15,000 Dimes?

I'm not really a huge fan of cute food. As much as I like to see gorgeous food show up on the table in front of me, I'd rather have food that tastes good than food that looks good.

On the one hand, if the food is too pretty, then I feel bad digging in.

On the other hand, if the food is that pretty, I kind of wonder what it's going to taste like.

I'd much prefer an average looking plate of food which I don't feel guilty about eating.

Usually.

This week, I was talking to someone about dark chocolate, and happened to suggest that she look at the website for La Maison du Chocolat. (Don't look yet, it will spoil the surprise.)

I was poking around on the site talking about their truffles and their individual chocolates, pointing out how overly expensive they are (they're French, so if you're buying them in the States, you have to realize you're paying massive import fees).

And then I saw that they have an Easter selection. I was expecting bunnies. And eggs. I was figuring that they would be cute, but I'd be more than happy to bite their little ears off and eat them up.

But what I found was this:


Ohmigod. Can you believe how cute they are? 

Which brings me to my dilemma. You see... The small, individual sheep are about $90 each. The duo in front of the fence? $220. The whole adorable scene at the top? $1,200.

And I'm not really sure I would be able to eat them because they are so freakin' cute.

But I'd be willing to try, if any of you can spare me 15,000 dimes.

(Oh. Wait. You better make that about 17,500 dimes, because we'll need to cover shipping. And we'll need to get both of the individual sheep, because we wouldn't want the other one to feel left out...) (Don't worry, I can get you my shipping address. Just let me know.)

No comments: