Monday, April 29, 2013

Sickly

I hate being ill. But I kind of like the word "sickly."

It sounds so much better to say that I'm feeling "sickly" than to say that I'm feeling "sick." After all, for about 70% of my day, today, I felt fine. There were just a few times in the middle of the day when I felt awful.

So I was "sick-ish" or "mildly unwell" or "not up to par," but I didn't feel like I could say I was "sick." Although, I did announce upon arrival in the office this morning that I am placing the blame for my state of health squarely upon each and every co-worker who has been sick for the past couple of weeks.

So I think I'm going to try to bring back the word "sickly." Because, really, that's how I'm feeling.

And when you're feeling sickly, who is going to argue with you?

(I highly recommend that you agree with me, or else I'm going to come to your house and lick your keyboard. And I am *so* not kidding.)

No comments: