Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring

Having seen a cardinal on a branch of the bush just outside the bathroom window just a couple of days ago, when he was perfectly offset by the pure white snow-covered backyard, the fact that I'm posting about spring seems kind of incredible.

But, in fact, I believe spring might be on its way. It was sunny and only 10 degrees cooler than average today. Tomorrow we might get up to average temps. And we might even see 70 degrees on the weekend.

When I was walking the dog this evening, I noticed that the trees were swelling with buds. In the yard, the irises are greening and growing.

I actually got to wear my third-heaviest coat, today - and went out without even wearing that when we went to dinner.

The best thing about a delayed spring? When it actually... blissfully... finally shows up.

No comments: