Sunday, July 7, 2013

Celebrating Everyday Good Grammar

While Christopher and I were driving home today after spending a weekend at home, I came across a billboard that I really liked.

(Oh... Before I continue... that sentence may have seemed a bit convoluted. I should say, "While Christopher and I were driving back to Minneapolis today after spending a weekend at my parents' home in South Dakota, I..." I know that I confuse Christopher sometimes with that phrasing, so I figured I should clarify the context for all of you.)

So... We were driving back from South Dakota to Minneapolis... and I saw a billboard  that I really liked. Unfortunately, I was driving - and Christopher was sleeping - so we couldn't get a picture of it.

I thought I'd just be able to do a quick online search and find an image of it, but unfortunately I struck out at that, as well. So you'll just have to trust me for what it was.

It was a Miller High Life billboard, and the tag line was: "Celebrate the Everyday Every Day."

They got the "Everyday/Every Day" split right!

So many places these days use those interchangeably. They advertise "Try our New Specials Everyday" or "Every Day Low Prices." And, every day, those everyday mistakes make me cringe.

I'm not usually a big beer drinker. I don't know the last time I had a "Miller High Life" beer. And I doubt that I'd drink one every day. But that billboard might make me pick one up some day, at least. At that's not an everyday occurrence.

No comments: