Friday, July 26, 2013

Road Closures

At the moment, we are living in a part of town which is basically cut off from the world.

I realize that some of you are thinking that this should be old hat for me since I grew up in very small town South Dakota - in a town that you truly had to aim for to get to.

But as I've gone on through life, I've kind of tried to find places to live that were easy to get to. And, in fact, usually you can get to our house with about 2 turns after leaving a major metropolitan highway. Most days, there are two major highways that you can use to get to our house. And a major north-south street or three.

But, lately, one of the connecting routes has been closed for street work. And then there was another road closed for a few days for curb-and-gutter work, making it exceedingly difficult to get to our house from the West, East, or South.

The last time we had friends over, we forgot to warn them (because it's been going on for months, so we're pretty much used to it). So, of course, there were problems with travel.

A friend of ours is having a party this weekend, and sent out a cautionary notice, today, telling guests about the road closures.

I point all this out for one reason, mainly: I think someone needs to get to work on developing point-to-point personal transporters. They would make travel so much easier. And just think how much it would save on road repairs.

1 comment:

Robin said...

teleportation - I'm sooo ready for it!