Friday, July 5, 2013

Voyeuristic Voyages

Thanks to the miracles of modern technology, I am currently "watching" two different pairs of friends travel around on the other side of the Atlantic in Ireland and France.

As someone who loves to travel, but has only made it out of the state of Minnesota twice in the past 8 months - both times to South Dakota - I have to admit that this leaves me both thrilled for each of these couples and also rather jealous.

And... Well... Having written that, I'm not sure what else I really have to say about it.

I wish them all good travels and look forward to hearing all of their stories. I also wish for my own travels in the near future - and my own stories to tell.

Maybe that's the best thing about having friends who are travelling: The fact that their travels make me want to plan my own. Like hearing about a great meal makes you want to try to cook something like it on your own.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, let's just say that I hope to flatter the heck out of all of these travellers as soon as possible.


No comments: