Sunday, August 25, 2013

Egg and Tomato on Toast

I had my dinner a bit late, tonight, and I wasn't even sure what I was going to have. Then I looked at what was in the kitchen and knew right away: Egg and Tomato on Toast.

I'm not sure where this sandwich comes from. I am sure it's not something I came up with on my own. But it's just so darned good. 

My version is open-face on white bread toast, with a little bit of mayo, then a slice (or two) of tomato, and a fried egg. All topped with just a little salt and pepper. 

I fully admit that when I'm eating breakfast eggs I tend to go for ketchup. But with these, it's just the salt, pepper, and a dab of mayo. 

And the tomato was fresh out of a friend's garden. So it had real tomato flavor. 

Summer can be kind of nasty sometimes. And we're looking at a full week of 90+ degree days with high humidity. But there's no other time of year for a really good egg and tomato sandwich. 

No comments: