Saturday, August 31, 2013

New Shoes, Part Two

In case you're wondering, yes, I decided to keep the new shoes mentioned in the earlier post this week.

After wearing them around the house all evening on Tuesday, I decided to put them on the pavement and wear them out of the house on Wednesday.

And, from a hiking/walking standpoint, they were great. Before leaving for work, I walked the dog while wearing them and I loved how light they are and how they feel.

But by the time I got to work... umm... well... let's just say they're not exactly driving shoes. You see, hiking shoes tend to have a higher - and more firm - sole around the heel. This is great for protection of your feet while hiking. But it's not great for propping your right heel against the floor while driving. In rush hour. In stop-and-go traffic.

Once I got out of the car and walked to work, I was fine, though. So I'm still glad that I decided to keep them. I just have to not wear them while driving until they're a bit more broken in.

Until then, I'm going to skip Paolo Nutini's song (from the last shoe post), and focus on this reminder from Nancy Sinatra, instead:


You may notice that she makes no mention of driving in her boots. Smart woman.

No comments: