Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Platypus Is Not A Metaphor

The book I'm currently working on is metaphor-packed. The title is a metaphor. The chapter titles are metaphorical. And in every. single. chapter. there are more metaphors.

There are animal metaphors. There are transportation metaphors. There are metaphors based on other metaphors.

I'm over halfway through it and I've kind of lost the point of the book, because I'm bogged down in so many metaphors. (One of which did include a bog, today.)

The book is taking me longer than I expected, simply because I keep forgetting what the author is referring to. And I've had to leave notes saying "I'm sorry, I don't understand this" more times than I care to count.

As I was thinking about all of these metaphors, I was reminded of a song on Phineas and Ferb which makes reference to metaphors. So I figured I'd share it (if you watch it, the title of this post will make more sense).


And, no, I don't mean that metaphorically - or a simile-ly either, for that matter.

No comments: