Monday, July 28, 2014

Movie Monday: Neighbors

You know those times when you think that maybe the movie you've chosen to go to may not have been the best choice?

You know how you often think, during the previews, that if those previewed movies are aimed at the same audience as what you're seeing it might be a bad choice?

Yeah. I went to one of those kinds of movies, yesterday: Neighbors.

The best way to describe it is a "frat house comedy." Or maybe a revenge comedy. It's also a grown-ups versus youngsters comedy - where both sides kind of lose, and both sides kind of win.

Unfortunately, I'm old. I was never in a frat. And the only revenge I want to take is on the people who make really bad movies that play to the lowest common denominators.

Yes, I had fun because I was there with a good friend, but that fun was before and after the movie, not during it.

Overall score: D. Yes, it played to its audience, but it could have been so much better...

No comments: