Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nine Hundred Ninety-two

Believe it or not, I am only nine posts away from my 1,000th post on here. I don't know that I ever imagined that I would write 1,000 different little bits of information and send them out for the world to see.

I do know that I had plans to be much more organized. I hoped to have themed days that I followed up on each week, and to be photo-filled and all that jazz. But then life kept getting in the way. I'd end up writing about events weeks after they happened, or the pictures wouldn't transfer right. And so I opted to leave those things to people who are just more organizationally gifted than I am.

Instead, I've put together this mish-mash of things, where I haven't even pointed out that I had John Barrowman sighting on one of the "Dr. Who" retrospective shows the other week - where he switched back and forth between American and Scottish accents.

You may not believe it, but I started this thing almost FIVE years ago. Geez. I started work at my current job just over four years ago. Considering that I feel like I've been at this job for an eternity, I wonder what that means about how long I've been blogging?

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for the next few posts leading up to number 1,000 - and I definitely have no idea what I'm going to do for the ones after that - but for now I'd like to thank you for coming along for the ride.

And, in the spirit of celebrating and remembering to live each day to the fullest, I offer you a song which has had a lot of air play on the radio stations around here. It's also, apparently, #1 on iTunes in the US (beating out major superstars) - even though it has no major label backing.

It's kind of a tear-jerker if you read the info as it goes by on the screen (and definitely a tear-jerker if you know more of the story), but as a stand-alone song, I love that it's about spending time together and making the most of enjoying every moment with the people you hold dear. And, since I learned how to get video to embed just a few weeks ago, here it is:

(All of the proceeds from the iTunes sales of that song and the album it is off of go to fund research into OsteoSarcoma, so... yeah... there's that, too.)

No comments: