Thursday, May 30, 2013

9 hundred and 90-six - Change of Scenery

Sometimes, what you really need in life is just a quick change of scenery. Anything from just sitting in a different chair to taking a day off from work can be good. Although an actual change of scenery, where travel is involved, is often better.

I've travelled a decent amount since I started this blog. Almost one tenth of the posts have been tagged with "travel" - although many of those were just wishful thinking. I've written about trips to Canada, the North Shore of Lake Superior, and New York City. I've told you about family reunions, and Vegas and Los Angeles.

I haven't told you about where we've gone for Christopher's 40th birthday because we haven't planned that trip, yet (although the rest of the birthday celebration took place 4 months ago). Which is not to say that I don't have a list of places already percolating in the back of my brain. Possible trips to Disney parks and Parisian hotels. Or the kinds of travel that involve changes in jobs - or changing offices in the same job (my company is actually moving offices in a month).

For now, though, I wanted to give you a heads-up that I'm considering changing the scenery a little closer to home: the framing around this very blog. As much as I like this current layout, I just kind of think it's time for something different. I'll start poking around and looking at what's available and maybe I'll roll something out after we hit 1,000.

In the meantime, I'm going to change my view of the living room by moving from the recliner to the couch, since it's a bit difficult to share the chair with the pooch and type all at the same time.

No comments: