Saturday, March 22, 2014

Then There Was Light

It is not, as you may have heard, warm in Minneapolis this first weekend in spring. In fact, it's about 20 degrees colder than the averages indicate it "ought" to be.

Yet, the snow continues to melt - even on days when the high temperature is only in the mid-20s. Why? Because of the sunlight.

For the same reason, there are birds migrating north, and spring birds beginning to show up in the yard.

The trees have begun to swell. Not exactly budding, yet, but swelling, in anticipation of the warmer, brighter days.

I won't lie and say that the longer days are enough. I won't say that I can deal with the chill in the air just because the sun is higher in the sky.

And yet... Where there's light, there's hope.

And I'm ready to grab hold of that hope with both hands and hold on for dear life. Because after this winter, I think my life truly might depend on some warm, sunny days showing up soon.

No comments: