Sunday, February 3, 2013

Not a Total Luddite

Okay. I admit it.

As much as I have trouble with some technology and feel that there is a Luddite in me just waiting to run around and destroy all sorts of smart phones and microwaves and things that go buzz/beep/ping in the night, I really do like some technology.

In fact, there is one piece of tech that I was really against for some time - and then we adopted it into the house and I sort of got used to it.

It's the DVR. (In our case, an actual TiVo.)

Tonight, for instance, I am recording the Super Bowl, with the intention of beginning my own personal viewing of it once it has already been airing for about 2 hours. In that way, I'll be able to watch the game - as well as the commercials - but not have to deal with the interminable pauses caused by the Instant Replays and Official Reviews and all of those things that have made a 90-minute game require a 4-hour broadcast.

And, if I work it right, by the time the game is over for everyone else, it'll also be coming to an end at our place.

So... Yeah... I'm not a total Luddite. Mostly.

No comments: