1) I think that, when a rental property advertises a "fireplace" it should be an actual fireplace, and not simply a wood-burning stove.
2) I hope to go somewhere with a real fireplace for at least a couple of nights.
3) I hate to do the semi-forced "Happy Birthday" (or whatever) greetings on the social networking sites.
4) I've gotten to the point where I ignore most of the reminders.
5) I'm hoping to send more real greetings, so that the forced ones simply don't have to happen.
6) After a decent amount of semi-self-imposed austerity, I have begun shopping for fun, again. Just a little.
7) I started with new underwear, followed by new shoes.
8) Sometime in early January I have to decide if I'm keeping the new shoes.
9) I'm keeping the new underwear.
10) My favorite thing about the new dryer is the lighted control panel - even more than the interior light and the melodic "time's-up" buzzer.
11) I think a cruise would be fun - but I'd need at least a porthole, if not a balcony.
12) Our favorite delivery pizza place will add second toppings to the "one topping special."
13) I miss getting more "real" mail.
14) I'd rather get a handful of good birthday cards instead of a hundred online "happy birthdays."
15) I'd prefer it to be a rather large handful.
16) I have come to realize that I get tear-y-er at really happy/joyful/silly things that move me than at really sad things.
17) I'd like the chance to get a whole lot of tear-y at a whole lot of happy things in 2011.
18) We went to an incredibly simple wedding this year that - when I recently saw one of the pictures - made me feel that warm happy almost-tear-y feeling, again.
19) I have never used the words "pee" and "poop" as much in my life as I have in the past 3 months of trying to get a certain dog to do her duty when we go for walks.
20) Nothing makes me feel more inadequate than being unable to make my friends (or family) happy.
21) Or at least comforted.
22) I think I've reached my limit of mean-ness, rude-ness, and apathy that I can stand without reaction. (I asked for a customer service person's manager on the phone last night because - while she had certainly done all of the required actions on the phone - she had simply been mean and snarky the entire time. Was her customer service lacking so massively that it was deserved? Probably. Was it an over-reaction, even so? Probably. Is this a total digression? Definitely.)
23) I have way too much "stuff."
24) I hope to start getting rid of some "stuff" in the coming year. Possibly starting with old underwear and shoes.
25) I've now reached 10 followers on my blog. (Welcome, Mr. Number 10!)
26) My goal for 2011 is to have add at least 11 followers.
27) Okay. I'd settle for simply having at least 11 followers by the end of the year.
28) I'd still kind of like a kilt.
29) I am constantly amazed by people I know who are following at least some aspects of their dreams on a daily basis.
30) And it happens in Michigan and England and California and - I've heard - it can even happen in Cleveland.
31) I hope to, once again, figure out what my dreams are.
32) Maybe a West-Coastal-drive vacation would be good.
33) I should use my French more.
34) I really hope Disney doesn't stop making princess movies, even if they don't rake in the big bucks.
35) We have a knack for going to dinner somewhere, deciding we really enjoyed it, and then finding out the place has closed before we have a chance to go back.
36) We'd like to find a few new favorite places that don't close before we can go back.
Alright. Three dozen randomnesses, all written on a December afternoon where Minneapolis actually had hail. (Yes. Really. Hail. Not Sleet. Have I mentioned that we've been having strange weather?)
Now it's time to chill something bubbly, start looking toward dinner, and set the TiVo for the Rose Parade in case I don't get up in time for it.
Here's to whatever's next!