Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Forward

Yep. It's that time, again. Time to move the clocks forward, to have a lot more sunlight in the evenings, and to have to re-adjust to darkness when the alarm goes off in the morning. 

With a rainy day in our area, today, the "spring" part of that finally feels like it's coming closer. Definitely a difference from the eight or ten inches of snow we got last weekend. Granted, when the temperatures drop this could all turn to ice - which snow doesn't do - but at least during the dog walks, today, I didn't have to bundle up so far that I couldn't see. 

It's strange, though. Since the time changes got moved a few years ago, I'm still not used to this happening so soon. It seems, in some odd way, that there should be more dark evenings in the spring before we launch forward. 

Perhaps, though, that's because I live in Minnesota, where even the earliest of flowers won't actually come up for at least another 4 to 6 weeks, so getting too much sun just makes us all that much more antsy. Spring fever gets pretty bad around here when there's extra daylight but you can't go out and enjoy it.

For now, I guess I'll just keep buying bundles of tulips at the store and imagining a time - sometime soon - when I'll be able to see them outdoors, too. 

No comments: