Friday, April 12, 2013

The Mystery Clean

We all know about mystery bruises. The ones that show up that you can't explain - or even think of ways to explain.

And there are the mystery messes. The ones that show up and you can completely guess how they showed up but you don't know when or why.

This evening, we found a mystery clean. Our new tablecloth, which had gotten broken in while my folks were here this week, is somehow clean tonight. It may also have been this morning, but I don't pay attention to much that isn't in my tunnel of vision in the morning. And, heck, it may even have been clean last night - but we went out to dinner last night and never sat at the table.

But, whenever it happened, it is suddenly clean and tidy and very spiffy looking - and neither Christopher nor I had anything to do with it.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that the pup did it. But she's not good with the lid on the washer (you know - when it's open, it's very hard for her to reach to put back down). And I think my folks might have mentioned it if she had asked for their help in washing the tablecloth.

So, for now, we'll just call it a very much appreciated mystery.

No comments: