Saturday, August 3, 2013

When Plans Change...

For a while now, I've had the following line as one of my email "signature" lines:

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I intended to be.
 -- Douglas Adams

And, while most days (assuming I even notice it) I mainly think of it as a kind of "every choice I've made has brought me here," statement, today it seems more appropriate than usual.

You see, after months (seriously, like 10 months, off and on) of vacation planning for Christopher and me - with the help of a travel agent, with the help of friends, and with a bunch of online research - we finally booked a vacation to celebrate Christopher's most recent milestone birthday (which happened last January).

It's not the vacation we had been most commonly talking about, but it seems like it might be a really good fit for us. A nice mix of chaperoned and unchaperoned. Do-nothing days and busy days. The assurance that we'll be near some great restaurants. And, above all, someplace with a personal connection for Christopher.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: