Saturday, February 14, 2015

How to Spend a Really Nice Day

Roses.

Chocolate.

Homemade brunch.

Talk of travel and the year ahead.

Snuggling on the couch together with the pup.

Reading books as the day goes on and we contemplate what to do for dinner.

Yes, I realize what day of the year it is. And, yes, I realize that there are people who only do this kind of thing when the calendar tells them to.

But we do this kind of thing fairly often, just because. Not every weekend, mind you. But every so often. It's nice. You should try it.*

*Yes, I know this media holiday is totally aimed at couples, but this is the kind of thing you can also do on your own... I frequently buy my own flowers and chocolate and read books snuggled up on the couch even when Christopher isn't here - and I did it when I was single, too. I just don't talk to myself - out loud - about the year ahead (or at least not quite as much).  

1 comment:

Robin said...

Happy Valentine's Day!