Friday, October 19, 2018

Transporting Baked Goods

Not everything I make is cookies. Honestly, not everything I make is a sweet, either, but what follows won't really help to prove that point.

This week, when I meant to be writing a completely different blog post, I instead found myself baking for a post-memorial reception. Having no idea how many people would be bringing food - or how many people would be in attendance - I channelled a whole lot of emotions and baked a lot.

How much is a lot?

Well, I started with two Bundt cakes (though I decided I actually wanted three, so I made another the next night).
I'd swear I've blogged about these Apple Spice Bundt cakes before, right? 
From there, I moved on to about 11 dozen chocolate cookies. 
Have we talked about these before? Let me know if you want details.
And - because not everyone wants fall foods just yet, I topped it off with two pans of lemon bars.
I'm sure we've talked about these.
Of course, then I had to get them to the church. 

Luckily, I had just the way to do that, thanks to my recent savvy car buying. Let me explain (and wrap this all up): 


So, there you have it. The perfect excuse to buy a new car. (Not to mention that my last car was 18 years old, the dashboard lights only worked about 1/4 - which is better than when they were completely out, and the roof leaked when it rained.) 

I promise that next week there will be food - and it's not even a baked good!

-----

We're getting into the fall baking/cooking season. What says fall to you in the kitchen? Is it apples and spice? Is it chili? Is it some kind of football fare? Let me know!

No comments: