Sunday, March 24, 2019

How Has It Been 6 Weeks?

I cannot believe it has been six weeks since I last blogged. Well, actually, I can - but it's just weird. 

When last we met (pre-Valentine's Day), I was fighting off a low-grade cold that I'd been fighting for probably a month. And, in the most frustrating of ways, it wouldn't get worse and it wouldn't get better. So mainly I spent a few months with no energy. 

Then (as I explain in the video, below), I was also working on an edit that was taking me much longer than it should have. And I was having to decide whether to put my bursts of energy to productive use on the edit or the blog. 

Well... The edit got completed last week. And my cold finally manifested itself strongly enough last weekend that I went to Urgent Care for antibiotics. The past weekend has been interesting with the full-on cold. My "favorite" thing is that it's been messing with my voice. Want proof? Here you go: 


Believe it or not, that's a massive improvement from earlier in the week. I had to speak in a work meeting and one person offered to get me flash cards... 

I'm finally on the upswing. Which, happily, is happening at the same point that the seasons are finally changing and what has been a brutal late winter is turning into a fairly decent early spring in Minnesota. 

I'll be baking this weekend, and should be back to a normal-ish blog next week. (Fingers crossed that I can speak well enough to be understood by the time I'm putting it together.)

Hope you've all been doing well! Don't forget to send me any kitchen (or editing) questions or comments, and ... I'll see you in a week. 

1 comment:

Robin said...

Missed you - welcome back!!! And glad you're feeling better.