I know I've been gone for a while. And, honestly, I don't have a really good reason. But here are some honest thoughts on the matter (in no particular order):
1) Work has been strangely busy, which has been keeping me from wanting to open my laptop when I get home at night, but that's not really a great reason.
2) I had a couple of side projects come up and felt like I needed to focus on those instead of focusing on my own work.
3) We went to New York City for a week to visit family and friends (and friends who are more like family) at the end of May.
4) We've each had some family things going on that have been at least a little distracting.
5) The world has gotten weird - and I don't always feel like writing a frivolous blog about food and day-to-day life is really right. And I wonder whether I should be writing pithy pieces about the world, instead of frothy pieces about my kitchen.
A couple of days ago, however, I had a good experience in the grocery store (as we all know - grocery stores are my happy place), and I wanted to share.
No. It's not a recipe. And, no, there's not even a tasting at the end.
But I hope you enjoy this quick video, even so.
And - believe it or not - I'm also working up a post that should be coming up on Friday of this week, as well.
Hopefully we'll see each other then!