Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bad Quote Quotient: Legal Logistics

For those of the txting generation who abbreviate words n sentences all the tym, I offer the following caution: Leaving out words can have painful results.

**DISCLAIMER: I have some very good friends who are very good lawyers. All jokes made herein at the expense of their profession should in no way be construed to apply to them, personally.**

In a book I recently worked on which was all about working your way through the court systems in the United States, the author was quick to point out that his advice was not a replacement for personal legal counsel.

Although... I suspect that he didn't quite mean to tell his readers that this should be their last-ditch effort:

Ultimately, it is up your lawyer.

I guess, though, it's nice to sometimes read about clients sticking it to their lawyers, and not the other way around.



No comments: