Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Fighting the Mediocre Fight

Someone in the house (who is not me or the dog) is currently dealing with a massive sinus/cold illness. The kind of thing that results in coughing jags and a stuffed up head and full body aching.

Unfortunately, it's the kind of thing brought on by: springtime allergies, stress, not enough sleep, and/or proximity to others with the same ailment.

I might just happen to have some chronic seasonal allergies. I might also, possibly, be a little down on the amount of sleep I've been getting lately - which in my world occasionally causes stress. And... umm... if one of us is already sick, and we live in the same house, there's a good chance that that "proximity" thing might be a possibility as well.

So I am taking extra Vitamin C. And yesterday for lunch I went out and got myself a fairly healthy (for me, at least) wrap with actual vitamin-carrying vegetables in it.

But I also want to try to help someone else in the house feel better, so that proximity issue keeps getting in the way of being really healthy.

Here's hoping that my wall o' defenses - and a positive attitude - can keep me healthy enough so that the proximity alarms don't start going off.

If you don't hear from me in a couple of days, please send chicken soup, Halls honey-lemon cough drops, and a note to my work explaining that I can't come in because I'm on the couch wrapped in a big comfy robe watching cartoons.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I hope you don't get sick…but the comfy couch and blankets still sounds like a wonderful idea!
Hope Christopher is better soon!