Thursday, August 20, 2015

Aug-tober

I know that I'm supposed to be upset about how cool it has been the past few days. And I fully admit that I was getting a bit tired of the rain (but - wow - everything is so green!). The problem is that I've really been enjoying the temps.

I've still been wearing shorts, but I've been wearing a long-sleeved shirt with them. It has been perfect for walking the dog in the morning and for getting from the parking garage to the office. And - thankfully - it's stayed cool so that the same clothing has also been comfortable on the way home.

Lots of people are freaking out about how "cold" it is and how this is summer so it's supposed to be in the 80s or above with high humidity. I understand that, to a certain (no pun intended) degree. But this past few days have been a glorious respite from the usual summer heat and humidity.

I'm sure we'll get more humidly oppressive days before we actually head into fall. After all, the MN State Fair is coming up and it's always hot and sticky during the fair.

In the meantime, though, I have to say that I've really been enjoying this "Augtober" fest.

*Note: I did not coin the term "Augtober". I heard it from a radio weatherperson a couple of days ago.

No comments: