Friday, February 16, 2018

When the Brownies Go Too Fast

I'd love to be showing you photos of the brownies I made last night. (Granted, they weren't from scratch, they were from a box, but we all know I wouldn't hold that against them.)

A few years ago, I started making them in mini-muffin tins, so that you end up with "brownie bites."

Christopher isn't sure about my brownie bites. And I completely understand. There's a very short window of time between done and overdone. And they can end up feeling almost a little dry because there's so much exterior exposed to the pan. After all, crunchy/crispy exteriors are great - but dry interiors are not.

But I like to make them - and friends seem to enjoy them.

Last night, unfortunately, I got a bit distracted while making them and forgot to document the process. And then I packed some up for shipping. And… well… we may have eaten most of the rest. Which left me with the possibility of a photo of an unwashed bowl, which I opted against.

So, instead of sharing those brownies in all their glory, I'm offering you this image which I found while working on a project at work this week:

Apparently "purple squirrels" are a hiring thing. Who knew? 
I shall try to be better prepared next week - and add my camera to my mise en place list.

In the meantime, enjoy your leftover Valentine's candy, your non-meat Lenten Friday, and - frankly - any other food that might make you happy (like slightly over-crispy brownie edges).

And... I'll see you in a week!


-----
Have anything you'd like me to put together in my kitchen - assuming I remember to also document it and post about it - let me know! 

No comments: