Friday, March 9, 2018

Gratuitous Dog Photos

I have been so ready to put together a cooking post this week.

I've had ingredients stacked on the prep table in the kitchen since at least Tuesday. (Christopher can attest to this - he was trying to cook dinner last night and kept running out of workspace.)

I've stocked up on ingredients we don't usually have on hand. We've had our oven temperature recalibrated (it's been having issues for a few months).

I was ready.

And then this happened:

We've had a dog in the past (many of you read about her - or met her in person), but our house has been pet-less since last summer.

We started looking a few months ago, and stumbled across this girl at the end of February. She's a 6.5-year-old rescue from a local service called Underdog Rescue. (Consider this my not-so-subtle push for adopting pets, not shopping for them.)
BTW: She snores.
She's adorable. And loving. And - because she was a "breeder mom" for most of her life - is having a great time figuring out what it's like to just be a dog.

But... She's also a brand new dog, with minimal "people skills." So she's been taking up a lot of the time I might otherwise spend in the kitchen.

I've got time set aside this weekend, though. So by next Friday we should be back up and running. (We'll see if we can get this sweet face to make a cameo.)
She was wagging so hard that I'm amazed she's not just a blur in the photo.

-----

With Easter fast approaching, do you have any foods that really make you think of the holiday? Or maybe you're more Seder-inclined? I'd love to hear about your favorite spring holiday foods!

And, okay, one more photo, just because she's so danged cute: 

No comments: