Friday, June 29, 2018

Gay Pride ... and Strawberry Pie

I almost titled this "Strawberry Pride" because of how gorgeous the pie turned out. I mean... Just look at it:

Check out the crystal clear glaze and the gorgeous berries. I mean... wow. 
Now that I have your attention, I kind of need to apologize for bringing the pie into the discussion. You see, this post is really going to be more vlog ("video blog" for those like me who aren't good with jargon) than a regular text-and-photo blog.

And it's also going to be more about celebrating Gay Pride than about baking. But the Strawberry Pie is really important in the discussion. I promise. I mean... well... just watch the video and I think you'll understand.


NOTE: Yes, I know that my version of celebrating Gay Pride is not what everyone does - and some people may think that I'm doing it "wrong." And that's perfectly fine. This is definitely a "You do you" situation - whatever works for you (you know, within moral/ethical reason) is cool, too. Just so long as you're living your true life.

Next week, I plan to have the full Strawberry Pie recipe. It will be a completely different pie, even, because (as you might expect) the one pictured above is long gone.

Thanks for coming along with me and being a part of my life - in all its layers.



-----

Is there something you make in the kitchen that ties you to your history - or grounds you in the present? What foods are special to you? I'd love to hear about how you connect your personal story with your cooking!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Awww! Strawberry Pie and Pride. Such a lovely family!
Love you both!