Friday, July 20, 2018

The Dog Ate My... Initiative

I am very happy to say that I have a brand new food-related blog post about 80% ready to go.

Unfortunately, over the past couple of evenings, the pup has been a bit needy. And she's just so darned hard to say no to.

I mean... Just look at this face:

Play with the Kong? Or work on a blog post (or make the bed)? Such a dilemma.

And when you take her to the groomer and she sits on the seat next to you on the way home looking all cute, how can you not just spend the next couple of hours reassuring her that the groomer was a good thing?

"You left me there for 3 hours! They cut my hair! How are you going to ever make it up to me?!"

Of course, then there are the past two nights, when the blog post was waiting to be completed. I was sitting happily in the living room and really wanted to get up and get my computer, but just look what I was up against:

One evening, I was on the couch and this is precisely where I would have had to put my feet down:

The color is skewed a bit, because I didn't want to use my flash. Obviously.

The other night, as I looked at my laptop on top of the coffee table - while I was sitting across the room - I knew that moving would mean interrupting this nap:

I think she started out looking out the front window, but the world got to be just too exhausting.

So you'll forgive me for not having a food post up this week, right?

I mean... just look at what I've been working against!

Next week - back to food.

-----
What is there that keeps you from doing work? Do you have a serious issue with some kind of procrastination? Is it food related? Let me know! 

No comments: