Friday, August 29, 2008

Celebrating Three Years

Yesterday, in case you were wondering, was the third anniversary of my first date with my partner. 

We've been referring to it as our Third Anniversary with our friends, but I started to think this week that--if that is our Anniversary, then what will we call it after we have a wedding? Not that we've got one of those in our immediate future, since technically we can't have a wedding. But... well... if we have a commitment ceremony/ gay wedding, then we'll have to start counting again. And what will we call the 28th of August? 

We had a mostly normal Thursday, all things considered. He went to work, I stayed home, ran errands, and job searched. The biggest change was that we met up for Happy Hour with a friend of ours who was celebrating her last day of work. Yep. One more person I can now make plans to go to lunch with--since we have the time (if not the money). But I have to admit that it was a glorious afternoon in downtown Minneapolis, sunny and with a light breeze, and we sat outside of The Local Irish Pub for a couple of hours and had a really nice time. 

A little after 6, my partner and I left to go to dinner and headed into "NorthEast" Mineapolis for dinner at Erte--one of our favorite places to eat. He had Top Sirloin and hashbrowns, I had the Faux Fried Chicken (yes, again--I can't ever get myself to choose anything else because it's just SO good!). And on the way home I picked up a French Silk Pie from Lund's for dessert. It was great, but the evening also included me watching my partner pack for a long Labor Day weekend trip to Missouri. (Yes... I'm looking for sympathy, here.)

We finished the night by heading for bed and spooning ourselves to sleep. (Or something like that.) I know that it sounds really boring, but it was a great day and a wonderful evening. And it makes me wonder what we'll get to call the celebration of the day we met once we have a chance to marry. (But SHHHHH don't tell him... He doesn't know that I'm contemplating the whole "stand in front of god and everyone in tuxes" event...)


No comments: