Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Food... Prep

As I was walking through the kitchen at work, today, I noticed that the clock on the microwave simply said "00:00." It wasn't flashing, it was just sitting there with all zeros.

But it's supposed to be a clock. Clocks don't have four zeros that don't change. Clocks have numbers that change as the day goes on.

I hate when clocks aren't being clocks. I'm not all that worried, really, about whether the times are exact (although that's very nice) - I just want them to be running and fairly accurate.

When I go to an appliance store, I go through and set the time on all of the kitchen appliances. (No. Really. I admit it.) When Christopher is looking around at Best Buy, I desperately work to stay away from things like VCRs and DVRs, because I get frustrated if I don't know how to set the time.

I survived the afternoon without re-setting the time on the microwave. Mainly by not walking back into the kitchen.

I suspect I'll be setting the time on Monday morning, though, while waiting for my Pop-tarts to pop.

No comments: