Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Feeling Pretty Bright

We've all learned that I'm not a fan of the Check Engine light on my car. Well, I'm very happy to say that there is a different light that I'm not afraid of. 

Last night, when I started my car to come home from work, 

Hmm... it seems that a lot of stories have been starting that way - makes me wonder if I shouldn't just stop going to work...? Anyway...

Last night, when I started my car to come home from work, I noticed that my left headlight was out. I didn't have time to get to an auto parts shop on the way home, so I put it off until tonight. (Thankfully, the days have gotten long enough that I now drive at dusk, so although I ought to have my lights on, at least one light is better than two.)

This made tonight's goal a stop at the shop for the headlight bulb. And, thankfully, I had good traffic so that I could get there, make my purchase, and get home all at a decent time for the pup. 

I've replaced my headlights before. The catch is that one of them is really easy to do, and the other is not so easy. And I never remember which is which. 

I'm very happy to say that the left headlight is apparently the easy one. I had the old one out and the new one in all in about 5 minutes. 

No, I'm still not sure why one of my brake lights only gets "extra bright" from time-to-time. And, no, I don't have any idea how to fix the short in the light on my dash that makes it possible to see my gas gauge at night. 

But, yep, I've got both headlights functioning again. Woo-hoo!

No comments: