Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Sound and the...

I had the strangest sensation this afternoon. On a day when the forecast was for freezing rain or snow, I leaned outside and saw... nothing.

Okay. I know that seems like not a bad thing, because it typically would mean that there was nothing falling. But I could hear something.

It sounded like sand falling on the hardened snow, but there was nothing to be seen.

About half an hour later, I looked outside and the entire sidewalk was covered in what looked like ground-up diamonds.

In other words, the world had been covered in sleet - probably an eighth-inch to a quarter-inch deep.

I think there's probably something profound that could be said about many invisible particles eventually becoming a whole to be reckoned with - but that's probably just more sound than it's worth.

No comments: