Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Caution: Metaphorical Leap Ahead

You know how, sometimes, you need to step a little outside your comfort zone to really be comfortable?

It usually happens at about the same point when you've started to get used to what you're doing and possibly even a bit complacent. There's that point when you figure you're good at what you do, and so you don't see a reason to do anything else. And you start to feel one of two ways: bored or smug.

I'm not sure which is worse. I mean... I know that smug ought to be worse, but bored usually feels a lot worse than smug does. (I mean... that's what I've heard... I've no personal experience with them... >cough<)

Well, I think I'm going to try to step out of my comfort zone in a few weeks. No, I'm not going to go into it, here - at least not yet.

In the mental and metaphysical parallel of Christopher's pre-trip packing, I'll probably be thinking through what to take with me for the next couple of weeks before I make my jump. But I've bought my metaphorical ticket, and I might as well take the ride.

Don't worry - I'm not going anywhere that my wi-fi can't follow me. I'm not making a major life change of any kind. I haven't bought the Rogaine or Just For Men. I'm not doing anything that drastic. I promise to send "blog post-cards" as I go to fill you in.

And... although I hate when people are really vague in public forums, I'm going to leave this as it is.

Details to come... when I become just a bit more comfortable with them.

No comments: