Saturday, November 1, 2014

There's A Time For Everything

I think that Christopher and I have set all of the clocks back tonight. At least all the ones in the house. (If you've been reading my blog for a while, you know that this is a relatively large event, with more than a dozen clocks, not including watches, car clocks, etc.)

I haven't tackled my watches, yet, and the car clocks will have to wait until tomorrow. But the majority of them are done.

I wish I could say I was excited about the extra hour of sleep. I mean... I am excited about the idea of an extra hour of sleep, but there's one catch to that that every pet owner knows: pets don't pay attention to clocks.

This means that the pup will still be getting up at 5am (make that 4am) because that's what time Christopher usually gets up to feed her.

And she'll be sure it's time to go for a walk at... umm... I guess it will be about 7am, since I usually take her out for a walk around 8am.

It's going to be very strange for her, I know. And it's going to be kind of difficult for us, too, I'm sure.

Oddly enough, although we lose an hour of sleep in the spring, it makes this kind of thing easier.

You'll forgive me if I yawn a lot the next few days. But, of course, if I'm doing it when I walk her in the evening it won't matter - starting tomorrow, by the time I walk her at 5:45pm, it'll be too dark out to see my face.

No comments: